The OIT Computer Labs have a wide selection of software available on our computers so that lab patrons can meet their varying computing needs.
We have computers that are running the Windows 7 operating system, as well as computers that are running Mac OS X (10.7.4). Our main locations (in Loree, Records Hall, ARC and Tillett, respectively) have computers that dual-boot -- i.e., they have both Windows 7 and Mac OS X -- giving patrons the luxury of choosing their desired operating system without the need to switch computers. Each operating system comes with a wide range of software.
Available lab software includes:
- Productivity software (e.g., Microsoft Office 2010 Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 6, etc.)
- Communication software (various internet browsers, file transfer programs and instant messaging applications, etc.)
- Multimedia software (audio software, video players, imaging software, etc.)
- Various utilities (anti-virus software, CD/DVD creators, file compression applications, etc.)
- Course-specific software (e.g., MatLab, Maple, SAS, Quark, NetBeans, etc.)
- ADA Adaptive Software
For a full list of our current available software, please visit our Standard Operating Environment page.
Rutgers students, faculty, staff and guests with valid NetIDs can access the wide range of available lab software simply by logging in to any of the lab computers.
Lab software is available during all times that the computer labs are open and operating. Please visit our Hours of Operation page to see when the lab nearest you is open.
Questions/comments regarding printing at the OIT computer labs can be directed to: email@example.com