RAMS Official mailing lists are intended to be used by the University to communicate official university business to targeted student and employee populations. They are not intended to be a conduit for advertising, commercial solicitations, event promotion, or personal business. Class or Course Mailing Lists.
To request an Official University Mailing List you must contact the Computing Help Desk on your campus with the following information:
- For whom the list is being created (i.e. your department).
- What types of postings will be made to the list (e.g. "Changes to major requirements").
- The specific target demographic group for the list (e.g. "all students on the Newark campus who are not US residents"). When specifying the demographic parameters (e.g. "all French majors") make sure the school code and curriculum code are included.
- Who will be the owner or moderator of the list (include the Rutgers NetID and e-mail address).
- Who will be the alternate owner/moderator of the list.
- A proposed list name. The Office of Information Technology requires a prefix be used unless messages sent to the list are to be distributed University-wide:
- Whether archived postings are to be publicly available.
Help Desk Contact Information:
Contact the Computing Help Desk on your campus: