Configuring Windows Live For RCI Email
Add an Email Account
Click on Accounts tab and click on the add email button on the top left.
- Enter email address as firstname.lastname@example.org (If this setup is for a shared Departmental Account the departmental email address should be entered here).
- Enter netid password as the Password. (Check box to remember password. Note: If this setup os for a shared Departmental Account please enter the paswrod in the following format: yournetid:yourpassword).
- Enter display name as FirstName LastName
- Make sure to check the box that says "Manualy configure server settings"
Mail Server Settings
Incoming server information:
- Set server type to IMAP
- Server address should be rci.rutgers.edu
- Check the box to Require a secure connection (SSL)
- Atuthenticate using "Clear text"
- Netid should be used as the Logon user name. (If this setup is for a shared Ddepartmental Email Account please enter the departmental email account name here).
Outgoing server information:
- Server address should be: smtp.rutgers.edu
- Check box to require a secure connection (SSL)
- Check box to require authentication
- Change the port to be 25 or 587
Click on Next
Email Account Added
Email account should have been successfully added. Click "Finish" to finish the account creation process.