Instructions for adding RCI and/or Scarletmail email accounts to Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac
Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Use the Search tool on the top right corner of the desktop to search for Outlook and select it from the drop down menu.
Step 2: Add an Account
- Click on Tools and select Accounts
- Once the Accounts Menu opens, select E-mail Account
Step 3: Input E-mail Settings
- For E-mail address enter in your RCI email address as firstname.lastname@example.org (replace "netid" with your actual netid and use all lowercase)
- For Password enter in your netid password (This is case sensitive)
- For User name enter netid in lowercase
- For Type make sure IMAP is selected
- For Incoming server use rci.rutgers.edu and make sure Use SSL to connect is selected or checked.
- Use Port 993, if this is not shown in the box then select Override default port and manually type it in.
- For Outgoing server use smtp.rutgers.edu
- Use Port 587, if this is not shown in the box then select Override default port and manually type it in.
After the correct information is entered in all fields select Add Account. You should now be able to view your email in Outlook.