New Brunswick Computing Services (NBCS) is a division of the Office of Information Technology under the Office of Administration and Finance. The mission of NBCS is to provide quality computing support and services to the faculty, staff and students on the New Brunswick campuses in support of the University's core mission of instruction, research and public service.
NBCS provides university-wide services such as the University Software Portal, Rutgers Antivirus Delivery Service (RADS), Enterprise Desktop Management. NBCS is responsible for the public computing labs, the Help Desk, the Old Queens Technical Support Team, Auxiliary Technical Services, Auxiliary Programming and Database Services, and technical consulting.
Fact and Figures:
- 19 public computing labs with over 1,000 computers
- 15 million sheets printed annually
- 135 help desk calls taken daily
- 8,700 software licenses
- 24,400 software downloads
- 9,400 Enterprise Desktop Management clients
- 175 servers professionally maintained and hosted